MBBS from NUMS 2018
(National University of Medical Sciences)
National University of Medical Sciences is situated in the capital of Pakistan. It’s a very well known institute in the field of medical sciences. In this particular blog, I’ll explain their admission procedures and tell you about the colleges where they offer MBBS program.
The 5-year MBBS programme, accredited by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, is a blend of biomedical and clinical sciences which are traditionally required by medical graduates to meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative healthcare.
Clinical training is important at the respective departments of affiliated teaching hospitals: Military Hospital, Combined Military Hospital, Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology including Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Orthopaedic Surgery, Radiotherapy, Urology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery, Radiology, Dermatology, Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases, Cardiology, Neurology, and Paediatric Surgery.
Institutes offering MBBS on the base of NUMS test:
- CMH Lahore
- CMH Rawalpindi
- CMH Multan
- Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences, Quetta, Balochistan
- Wah Medical College. Wah Cantt
Eligibility Criteria for admissions in Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS) is as follows
- F.Sc (Pre-Medical ) / A Level or Equivalent qualification
- Minimum score 60% aggregate marks Matric / F.Sc (Pre-Medical) /A Level or Equivalent qualification.
- The University Entry Test
Foreign/ Self finance
- SAT-II Exam with minimum 550 marks in biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCAT with the minimum aggregate score of 24 (as per PMDC criteria)
- Equivalence by IBCC(in case of foreign qualification)
All Pakistani National including AJK / GB can also apply.
Tentative Dates (Expected Session dates):
Merit List display
Oct / Nov
Commencement of Academic year
1st week of December
(Above mentioned dates are usual (tentative dates) visit the blogs as we have generalized them. Further, exact dates are different for every medical college. Visit their websites or the link showed below (In Fee Structure section).
Fee structures are different for every Institute, CLICK on your concerned Medical College to find the information more specifically: