It seems PMDC and UHS are not going to Increase in UHS MBBS Seats 2017 for the Medical Students of Punjab
Increase in UHS MBBS Seats:
Its been more than Three to Four Months that there was rumor from government that This year they are going to Increase in UHS MBBS Seats and fortunately or unfortunately the MCAT paper was quite easy this time. Most of the students performed very well this time and repeaters got benefit of this ease in MCAT Exam 2016. UHS MCAT stats Says:
Ninty Five Percent (95%) of students who scored more than 965+ in MCAT Exam 2016 are repeaters and the only remaining 5% are Fresh candidates who scored more than 965 this time.
These stats are no more less than a nightmare for every fresh Medical candidate who appeared in MCAT this year. This simple shows that the merit gonna increase this time for sure, But still there was hope that if Increase in UHS MBBS seats gets confirmed then the merit will get down a bit and almost 850-1000 more students will get admission in Medical Colleges this time.
The situation is getting worse day by day there isn’t any representative from Pakistan Medical and Dental College (PMDC) Board or from University of Health Sciences (UHS) who can answer in clear words, either the seats are going to increase or not for this time. Students, Teachers and Parents everyone is in tension that what is happening over this serious Issue. Can you imagine that after the continuous efforts of 4 years (Metric-Inter-MCAT) still a students is unable to get his/her right just because of a poor strategies and all the corruption of Administration sitting above?
Today’s Newspaper over the Issue of Increase in UHS MBBS seats:
Today newspaper of Dunya News showed a blog over this issue and after reading that blog my all hopes died in a second. That news says still there is no action from the administration of Government Medical colleges over this sensitive issue and they are putting the future of thousand of students on stake just because of their poor policies and mismanagement of the government officials. The Admission for Medical Colleges 2016 is in final stages and they will publish the List of final selected candidates on 28-October 2016. and still no one has confirmed that either Increase in UHS MBBS seats is going to happen or not. The Piece of that News Paper is attached below:
The Logic’s over the Issue of Increase in UHS MBBS seats from Government:
Punjab Government, PMDC and UHS Officials are saying that they can’t Increase the MBBS seats in government medical colleges just because of ‘Less Budget’ given to them from the government of Pakistan. I guess this is not as much issue when your State is in the hands of a corrupt government, Education and Health Sector left behind. This can be justified easily that government has enough budget to Invest in METROS and ORANGE LINE TRAINS , WOW Great !!
If this was the reason that they don’t have Enough Budget to for the Increase in MBBS seats, they should have look into their resources before announcing the increase in seats.
Chief Minister of Punjab Shahbaz Sharif must look into this matter realizing the seriousness of increase in MBBS seats for the students of Punjab.
If anything doesn’t happen in coming days in favor of Medical student TEAM Universal Testing Forum will write an open letter to Chief Minister Punjab over the issue of Increase in UHS MBBS seats.