Government of Cuba announced about the Medicine Scholarships for the year 2017-2018.
Scholarships of Cuba in the field of Medicine are one of the most famous scholarships availed by South Asian Medical students.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Student should have at least 70% marks in FSc or A Levels.
- Student should have at least 70% marks in Matric or O Levels.
- Candidate’s age should be between 17 to 21 years as on the end of advertisement.
Duration of Program:
The programs will be 7 years, that includes:
- 1 year for Spanish language course
- 5 year for medicine studies
- 1 year (in the end) for house job
Cuba Government will take care of
- tuition fees
- hostel accommodation
- Stipend 100 Cuban Pesos per month
whereas HEC will provide return airfare once during the entire study program. The other living expenses, like provision of Halal food can be borne by the students themselves.
PROCEDURE to APPLY:
Apply online by clicking at Given link
- After filling the required personal fields, select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal and submit the application.
- After submission of the application, get its print out.
- Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad.
- All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
- SSC Certificate with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
- F.Sc. Certificate with IBCC attestation / A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- 1 attested passport size recent photograph.
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA only
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC.
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Medical Certificate issued by District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) at their respective provincial head quarter offices or Islamabad.
Send the filled online application copy along with all the required documents on the address given below, by or before 31st March 2017.
Any Application that doesn’t meet the above mentioned requirements will be rejected , without any further communication by HEC. After successful completion of undergraduate degree programme in Medicine from Cuba, the candidate will be required to appear in NEB Examination and must fulfill all the laid down requirements of foreign graduates for registration with PM&DC, Islamabad. Further, it will be the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Council i.e. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC).
Syed Ali Raza Shah Jafferi
Assistant Director (HRD)
Higher Education Commission Pakistan
Sector H-9, Islamabad.
Best of Luck!